Thought Leadership Meetings
ABET invites department chairs, program directors and faculty at community colleges offering courses in cybersecurity to:
A Listening Session at the National Initiative on Cybersecurity Education Conference
Monday, November 6, 2017
10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Accreditation For Two-year Cybersecurity Programs
- Would the cybersecurity field benefit from ABET accreditation of community college programs?
- Would community colleges benefit from ABET accreditation of 2-year cybersecurity programs?
- What represents quality in two-year cybersecurity programs?
- Would your program consider seeking ABET accreditation if it were available?
- Do you have any concerns about accreditation of 2-year cybersecurity programs?
We have recently released proposed accreditation criteria of four-year cybersecurity programs for public comment. For details, see: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/cybersecuritycriteria
ABET is the global accreditor of college and university programs in the disciplines of applied and natural science, computing, engineering and engineering technology at the associate, bachelor and master degree levels.