Click here for Non-Solicitation Policy for Events
Marketing Services Package (MSP)
Federal Business Council, Inc. (FBC) will provide Marketing Services for companies (Participant) wishing to promote products and services to Federal Agencies, Department of Defense locations and Intelligence Community locations via the Marketing Services Package (MSP). The MSP will vary based upon location and the type of event. The services may include advice and consultation, printing, advertising, logistics, supplies, promotion, subcontracting services and others as needed to make the event successful and enhance attendance and industry participation. When exhibit space is included in the event, such as on-site events taking place at specific DoD locations, the physical space at the location is provided at no charge under the Marketing Services Package. Fees paid to FBC under the Marketing Services Package are for support services in general, and are not for exhibit space at these events.
Cancellation Policy for MSP at Conferences and Themed events (including Specialty Events):
In the event the Participant cancels their MSP contracted herein, the Participant must do so in writing. Written notice must be received no later than 30 days prior to the event date to be liable for 0% of the MSP. Written cancellation received within 29 days or less of the event date obligates the Participant to pay FBC 100% of the MSP. If a company registers within the 30 day cancellation period, then they are 100% liable for the MSP. In addition, cancellations that impact a bulk registration discount that was received will be assessed a discount adjustment.
Cancellation Policy on MSP at on-site agency locations (Standard Events):
In the event the Participant cancels their MSP contracted herein, the Participant must do so in writing. Written notice must be received no later than 15 days prior to the event date to be liable for 0% of the MSP. Written cancellation received within 14 days or less of the event date obligates the Participant to pay FBC 100% of the MSP. If a company registers within the 15 day cancellation period, then they are 100% liable for the MSP. In addition, cancellations that impact a bulk registration discount that was received will be assessed a discount adjustment.
- Any credit balances on account from past events may be applied to any outstanding current invoices at FBC’s discretion without written authorization from Participant. Credit balances will be assessed an account maintenance fee of 50% per year for any unused balances. Credit balances may be applied to future MSP’s as selected by the participant, in writing, to FBC. Any credit balance must be used within two years. Participant waives all future claims to credits after this period has expired.
- If credit card information is provided as payment, it will be processed upon receipt of the reservation.
- The Participant, when making application to participate, accepts and agrees to comply with the conditions of this contract governing the conduct of and participation in this location. Participant further agrees that this contract is binding on all parties and can be amended only in writing by both parties hereto.
- The Participant agrees not to assign or sublet any portion of the space, nor permit individuals other than employees and/or their representatives to use the facilities provided. Participant further agrees not to display products or literature that are not regularly sold or distributed to him/her, except as may be necessary to illustrate the applications of his/her product.
- Neither FBC nor the Federal Government assumes responsibility or liability for any theft, damage or loss by any cause of property to the Participant, his/her agents, or employees, nor for any injury that may occur to Participant, his her agents or employees.
- Participant agrees to hold FBC harmless, and to reimburse the same for any judgments, settlements, costs or other expenses (including legal fees) to which it may be subject, for any injury, damage, loss, or harm resulting or occurring to anyone (including, but not limited to, visitors) which may result directly or indirectly from or in connection with any FBC MSP by the Participant, its employees or representatives.
- FBC will not be liable for fulfillment of this contract due to any of the following causes: by reason of the building being destroyed by fire, acts of God, strikes, the authority of the law, or for any other causes beyond FBC control.
- Specific advertising and promotions are at the discretion of FBC.
- Participant agrees not to accept any form of funds (credit card, checks, cash or other funds) while participating in MSP activities.
- Demonstrations and Interviews. All activities during delivery of the MSP must be conducted in such a way as not to infringe on the rights of other Participants or offend visitors. Interviews, discussions or other business conversation must be confined to the Participant's area only. Independent ‘hospitality suites’ or other activities which are not an official function of the event or official agenda are prohibited and will not be supported nor promoted.
- FBC does not approve, endorse or recommend the use of any specific commercial product or services. The Participant may not, therefore, imply either verbally or in printed literature, that his/her products or services are approved, endorsed, or recommended by FBC by virtue of this contract to exhibit.
- The Participant agrees to comply with local fire and safety regulations and furnish any permits required by local authorities.
- Participant agrees to setup / break down any exhibits, posters or other materials used during the MSP within designated times for each event. Distribution of souvenirs and samples of products is permitted provided there is not interference with other Participants.
- FBC reserves the right to reject, in whole or in part, and at anytime, any individual or material which in its opinion is objectionable to Participants or others. No liabilities or damages whatsoever against FBC or any of their representatives, agents, or members shall be incurred because of such rejections.
- All MSP fees are due within 30 days of reservation. Reservations will not be held if payment is not made within 30 days. Reservations are taken on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations are not transferable.
- Participant will be liable for ANY collection expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees and credit card fees associated with charge backs. Participant also forfeits any discounts and/or credits associated with a show(s) when an account is sent to Collections.
- FBC reserves the right to cancel or change the date of any component of the MSP at anytime.
- FBC reserves the right to determine availability of attendee information. Some government locations are extremely secure, and government groups may specifically disallow collection of attendee identification information. Therefore, not all shows will have attendee information available.
- Inclement Weather. FBC will hold all MSP activities as scheduled during times of inclement weather, unless the Federal Government is closed. FBC will not honor requests for refunds, credits, etc. for companies who choose not to participate.
- Participants who fail to comply with the security requirements may be denied access to the selected site by the hosting agency and/or FBC. FBC will not be responsible and will not provide refunds or credits to Participants who are denied admission to the event site due to failure to comply with these security instructions.
- FBC is not responsible or financially liable for the coordination of any shipped materials to or from an event site. This includes contacting shipping companies, cost of lost items, and packaging of materials. The shipment, packaging, and tracking of materials are the responsibility of the participating Participant.
- FBC reserves the right to rescind all or part of any discounts extended to Participant if Participant cancels any components of the MSP referred to in this contract or accompanying documentation. FBC also reserves the right to back-bill any fees/costs should the above circumstances occur.
Non-Solicitation Policy for Events
FBC is committed to maintaining and event environment that is free from distractions and respects the intent and objectives of the event itself, especially those of the registered participants. FBC maintains an ongoing non-solicitation policy covering all of our events, meetings and industry expositions. Unauthorized parties are prohibited from soliciting exhibitors, attendees, sponsors or any other registered participant, for any reason without advance written authorization by FBC. Unauthorized activities include (and are strictly prohibited) third-party receptions and off-site events, hospitality suites, unauthorized exhibits, unauthorized posters or advertising, unauthorized publication distribution, unauthorized press or media interviews, unauthorized recruiting activities (membership or employment), unauthorized literature distribution of any kind, unauthorized promotion of any non-FBC event. Violation of this policy will result in expulsion from the event. Refunds will not be provided.
Exhibitors engaging in third-party solicitation as described above in violation of this policy agree to pay FBC the equivalent fee stated in the event's published rates for exhibit space and/or sponsorships and may be expelled from the event. Refunds will not be provided.
Egregious and/or multiple violations of this policy may result in disqualifications from future events at the discretion of FBC.
Contact Address / Notices:
9800 Patuxent Woods Drive, Suite H
Columbia, MD 21046
Thank you for working with FBC for your Marketing Services Package.