Maryland Cyber Challenge 2019
Calling all cyber competitors, mentors, trainers and teachers!
The Maryland Cyber Challenge seeks high school and college teams willing to test a range of skills simulating real-world cyber scenarios!
Your team will climb a ladder of challenges demonstrating an ability to work together, understand both simple and complex vulnerabilities, defensive operations and gamified offensive operations.
Originally started in 2011 as the Maryland Cyber Challenge and conference.
ABOVE: The collegiate team from UMBC, winners of the 2018 Maryland Cyber Challenge, edged out talented teams from the U.S. Air Force Academy and University of Maryland, University College.
- There are two competition categories: high school and college.
- Teams consist up to 6 players.
- Registration costs $180 per high school team and $240 per college team. Registration is now open!
- The deadline to sign up is October 18.
- Round 1 is held September 28-29.
- Round 2 is held October 19-20.
- Round 3 is held on December 5.
- Prizes will be presented LIVE during a closing session at CyberMaryland in Baltimore on December 6.
REGISTER YOUR TEAM NOW
VIEW / EDIT TEAM
- Open to competitors nationwide!
- Originally hosted 3 divisions including high school, college and professional
- First enabled by the SAIC CyberNEXS competition engine, now powered by the POINT3 ESCALATE Challenge Ecosystem.
- Technical focus: vulnerability mitigation, computer forensics, cyber defense and capture the flag, select offensive operations.
- Approximately 700 competitors across 115 teams each year!
- More than $250,000 in awards have been distributed by the National Security Agency, SAIC and other competition sponsors.
For any questions relating to the Maryland Cyber Challenge, please contact Steve Morrill