Matchmaking confirmations will begin in March 2022
Procurement Matchmaking will be offered as a value-added opportunity to meet with buyers in special, pre-scheduled one-on-one meetings with participating buyers during the conference. This portion of the event is limited in availability and is offered to small business participants registered for the overall conference on a first-come, first-served basis. Procurement Matchmaking "matches" small company "sellers" with participating "buyers" represented by government agencies and large business prime contractors. These buyers and sellers will convene for a series of one-on-one meetings that will occur throughout the event in a special Matchmaking meeting room. Registration and scheduling for matchmaking are by company. Multiple participants from the same company share the matchmaking schedule and can attend meetings together.
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to be accepted by your email inbox to ensure you receive updates for Matchmaking.
How Does Matchmaking Work? How Do I Participate?
- Register for the Conference—In order to participate in Procurement Matchmaking, each person must first register for the conference by completing the Attendee or Exhibitor Registration Form and electing to participate in Procurement Matchmaking. Registration for the Procurement Matchmaking program will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis to the first 300 companies that register for the overall conference, have a DUNS number, and select participation in Procurement Matchmaking. Last year's conference had hundreds of companies waitlisted for matchmaking so don't delay in registering early.
- Receive Procurement Matchmaking Confirmation Email—Upon completion and verification of your registration in the Government Procurement Conference and Procurement Matchmaking, you will receive an email confirming your position in the Procurement Matchmaking event once the matchmaking process begins. (beginning approximately twelve weeks before the event.) If the event is "sold out" you will be placed on a wait list.
- Complete the Registration for Procurement Matchmaking—Your confirmation email will invite you to login to the Matchmaking registration page and complete your company profile in anticipation of being matched with buyers for a custom schedule. This registration process will entail providing special keywords and descriptions that will be used to match your company with participating procurement representatives for a customized matchmaking meeting schedule.
- Set your Custom Face-to-Face Schedule of Matchmaking Meetings—Approximately two weeks before the event, the Matchmaking Team will send you an email inviting you to return to the system to begin the matchmaking scheduling process. During this process you will be presented with a schedule for the day and the selection of procurement representatives that match with your organization, based on the keywords and descriptions you provided at the time of registration. With this information, you will be able to build a schedule of appointments with your matches.
Frequently Asked Questions About Procurement Matchmaking
- How do you match buyers and sellers?
Utilizing the United Nations Standard Products and Services Code® (UNSPSC®), small businesses are able to highlight their products and services. By entering keywords into our system, you will be provided matching UNSPSC descriptions. The Matchmaking system then uses the codes associated with these descriptions as the basis of determining which buying organizations the small businesses match with to set appointments. It is up to each registered small business to enter their keywords and codes order to set their appointment schedule before attending the event.
- How long are the Matchmaking appointments?
Appointments are in 15-minute increments with a five-minute break in between each appointment. There are three appointments per hour throughout the day.
- How many appointments will I receive?
The total number of appointments will be based on how well your firm matches up to the product and service needs of the participating procurement representatives. Keep in mind: the more complete your seller profile, the higher the likelihood of making good matches.
- What if I don't match with participating buyers?
To help ensure meaningful appointments, small businesses will be unable to schedule meetings with buyers who don't match the firm's products or services. Many of the buyers' schedules will fill up early in the scheduling process. For this reason, we cannot guarantee matches and appointments. Our Matchmaking Team will do everything possible to assist you with securing appointments. If you are not able to secure an appointment, please remember that many of these same agencies and companies will be exhibiting as well, so there is more than one method to connect during the event.
- Can I register on the day of the event?
Due to the preparation time that goes into the registration and scheduling of the Procurement Matchmaking program, registration must be in advance of the event.
- Who are the buyers that are expected to attend?
Participating government agencies and large business Prime Contractors that serve these government agencies.
- Will small businesses be awarded contracts during Procurement Matchmaking?
Procurement Matchmaking provides unique opportunities for small businesses to meet with buyers who are motivated to award contracts and sub-contracts to smaller firms. While the program doesn't guarantee contracts, simply because of the nature of the normal bidding process between buyers and suppliers, it does create opportunities for small businesses to hold personal, one-on-one meetings with potential clients that would have taken weeks or months—if ever— to research and schedule on their own.
For questions regarding Procurement Matchmaking, please email email@example.com.