Task Based Assessment LEARN
Tuesday, September 20th
Wednesday, September 21st
Universities at Shady Grove
Theme: TBA-Classroom, Program, and Beyond
The Foreign Language Program Office (FLPO) of the office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) and the National Cryptologic School (NCS) are pleased to announce that the Task-Based Assessment (TBA) LEARN Workshop will be held
Tuesday, September 20th - Wednesday, September 21st,
on the Universities at Shady Grove, Rockville, MD.
We are looking forward to hearing from instructors, course developers, program managers, and testing professionals on a wide range of topics related to the theme “TBA—Classroom, Program, and Beyond.” Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
- Task-based assessment (TBA) theory and practice;
- Task-based instruction (TBI) theory and practice;
- Alignment of TBI and associated assessment development;
- Online tools and resources for TBA and/or TBI;
- Application of TBA at classroom and programmatic levels; and more broadly,
- Practical application of formative TBA;
- Practical application of summative TBA;
The Task-Based Assessment (TBA) LEARN Workshop is open to instructors, course developers, program managers, testing experts, and other language professionals of all languages from any USG-affiliated institution. No vendors will be allowed to participate.
Funding for any associated travel expenses will be the responsibility of each attendee’s organization.
For more information and to register for the event, please visit the LEARN web site at https://www.fbcinc.com/learn/ or contact FLPO at (703) 874-8387.