About the Event
InfraGard MD will host its second annual cybersecurity event on January 16, 2020. The theme of this event is Cyber Incident Response. This event will be open to the public and you do not need to be an InfraGard Member to attend.
InfraGard is a partnership between the FBI and members of the private sector. The InfraGard program provides a vehicle for seamless public-private collaboration with government that expedites the timely exchange of information and promotes mutual learning opportunities relevant to the protection of Critical Infrastructure. With thousands of vetted members nationally, InfraGard's membership includes business executives, entrepreneurs, military and government officials, computer professionals, academia and state and local law enforcement; each dedicated to contributing industry-specific insight and advancing national security.
Audience – Government and private sector employees, CISOs, InfraGard members (currently more than 1,000 in chapter), fusion centers, state, county, local law enforcement.
Purpose: Raise cybersecurity awareness within the Maryland Community
- Be aware of cyber threats to Maryland organizations.
- Provide incident response and “what do I do now” scenarios.
- Help participants understand the lifecycle of threats, protection and business risk.
- Cyber hygiene
- Overall training and education
Desired speaker types: IT security and CISO, business executives not in cyber, resilience, gov, law enforcement, legislators.
- Provide high-demand cyber content to the Maryland community
- Inform community on threats and trends
- Provide usable pathways for action
- Answer unanswered questions about security
- Create engagement between industry, government and InfraGard